Seeds Association for Development and Culture supported by Sheffield Palestine Solidarity Campaign; Sheffield Labour Friends of Palestine and Scottish PSC invite you to a webinar:
Friday 16thJuly 5pm BST/7pm Palestine
Speakers: activists from Beita, Palestine and Sheffield
The village of Beita near Nablus in the West Bank is resisting Israel’s objective to fragment the Palestinian population into isolated cantons. An Israeli settler outpost is seeking to cut off the road between Nablus and Ramallah. Since 1967, the villagers have suffered 87 deaths in the face of live fire from the Israeli military. In May, two teenagers, Mohammed Said Mohammed Hamayel (16) and his friend Ahmad Zahi Ibrahim Bani-Shamsa (15) were shot dead by Israeli fire. Six people have been killed in Beita this year as Israeli war crimes against unarmed civilians escalate throughout Palestine.
Beita activists will give a first hand account of their struggle and discuss ways to link with the international solidarity movement to hold Israel accountable.
This week we had a very successful zoom meeting from people across Sheffield who wanted to continue to show support and solidarity for Palestine.
You can see the zoom here
There were loads of links shared in the chat from the speakers. Here they are:
- Sign up for Sheffield PSC newsletter: http://eepurl.com/du0XW1
- Follow our Twitter = @SheffieldPSC
- Stop the demolitions: www.icahd.org and Stop the JNF : www.stopthejnf.org
Uni Pal soc:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/uospalsoc/
- Apartheid off campus: https://www.palestinecampaign.org/…/apartheid-off…/
small park BIG RUN:
- Sign up https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/…/small-park-big-run…
- More info http://spbr.sheffieldpsc.org.uk/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/smallparkbigrun/
- Zoom rally after the run https://us02web.zoom.us/…/tZcsdOuhpzsrG9AXfUSLBjB8Q1WUB…
Meet us in Meersbrook Park at the top of the hill 12pm -4pm Saturday 19th June11am-Midday Sunday 20th (With the Mayor, buskers and choirs!)
- Insta: https://www.instagram.com/small.park.big.run/
- short film about small park BIG RUN – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZoap2a2A-o
TUC and Sheffield Labour Friends of Palestine
- Sheffield Labour Friends of Palestine, please do join by emailing email@example.com
After the protests – What do we do. Webinar Wednesday 2nd June 7pm.
Today’s attacks on Palestinians are nothing new and, when this wave subsides, Palestinians will still be oppressed and persecuted by Israel within an apartheid regime.
BUT the international outcry is huge, people are with the Palestinians, and we can all make a difference, not just today but for the longer struggle for justice. The aim of this meeting is to give you a view of Sheffield PSC’s current activities with the idea that others can join those current activities and perhaps make suggestions for new ones.
To see the agenda of the meeting go here.
To register to join the meeting go here.
Called by Sheffield students Palsoc
Musheir Al Farra, chair of Palestine Solidarity Campaign in Sheffield, tells us what is really going on .